Some people gain weight fast, some take years or millennia to grow an inch. Don’t be sad. I am back again with a new post to help you guys know a bit better about your body.
The reasons why some people can’t achieve certain weight loss or muscle gain is because they compare themselves with other people; how they train, what they eat, how much they lift.
Everyone has a different body type and each body grows in its own way. Don’t stress yourself if your brother lifts 15s and you lift 25s and you still can’t grow like him.
So lately I have been talking about nutrition and workouts, now it’s time to know about your body cause obviously if you’ll know your body better, you can train yourself better both mentally and physically.
There are three types of body types:
Ectomorphs have a fast metabolism and tend to lose calories faster than others. They basically have a skinny body with small joints and lean muscle. Usually, ectomorph’s have long thin limbs with stringy muscles. Shoulders tend to be thin with little width.
Workouts should be short and intense focusing on big muscle groups. Supplements are definitely recommended. Ectomorphs should eat before bed to prevent muscle catabolism during the night. They have the advantage to get shred fast, though.
Endomorphs are born with strong muscles especially the legs. They have soft body type and usually gain weight quicker. They have generally short and thick muscles.
Gaining weight is easy when it comes to training for endomorphs. Unfortunately, a large portion of this weight is fat not muscle. Supplements may or may not be needed as long as the person has a high protein intake in their diet and do regular cardio.
A mesomorph has a large bone structure, large muscles and a naturally athletic physique. They find it quite easy to gain and lose weight. They are naturally strong which is the perfect platform for building muscle. Mesomorphs are the best body type for bodybuilding.
The mesomorph body type does best in weight training. For beginners Gains are usually seen very quickly. The downside to mesomorphs is they gain fat more easily than ectomorphs. This means they must watch their calorie intake. Usually a combination of weight training and cardio works best for mesomorphs.
So these are the 3 body types, know yours and eat and train accordingly and effectively. A few tips to get a head start are:
- EAT! That is the most important thing for an Ectomorph to do.Ectomorph needs large amount of calories per day to gain weight.
- Try to pack on 2-300 grams of protein a day. 75 grams in the morning, 75 at lunch, 17 for snack, 100 for dinner, and whatever extra after that.
- Here is a weight gainer shake to help you
16 oz. Milk (any kind)
3 oz. Corn oil
5 oz. Water
15 tbsp. Protein Powder (3/4 cup)
That’s around 60-70 gm of protein and I guess that’s enough to gain weight.
- To keep fat gain to a minimum, endomorphs must always train cardio as well as weights.
- Add extra cardio sessions as needed, but increase gradually by adding an extra session per week or an extra 10 to 15 minutes at a time.
- For mesomorphs, constantly challenge your muscle with a variety of stimulation. This helps minimize the risk of injury and help maximize your gains.
- Avoid overtraining, and pay attention to proper rest and nutrition for optimal growth and muscular development.
So I think this post proved beneficial for you guys and I hope you learned a lot about your body type. So thumbs up if you liked it and do let me know how it helped you. Until then love yourself, stay fit and I’ll be back soon.